Pro Skills Basketball (PSB) is a youth basketball organization specializing in AAU/Club Teams, Camps, and Clinics across the United States. Our mission is to change the culture of youth basketball … and a major part of that are our Team Coaches!
PSB is looking for men AND women of high character to join our network of established Team Coaches. This position is part-time and includes opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the potential for advancement. Please read more below about our Team Coach position!
Possess and display genuine CARE for all their players and parents as both athletes and people.
Maintain the perspective that positive mentorship, leadership development and creating unity is more important than wins and losses.
Practice patience, empathy, and understanding with their players, parents, coaches, and fans in a potentially emotionally charged environment.
Embrace the commitment and responsibility they have to the team, the individual player, and the families of the player.
Ask for help when they need it.
Are confident, reliable, and clear communicators. They listen for understanding and meaning. They approach areas of concern with kindness and with firmness when necessary.
Understand that young athletes need reliable role models who are invested in their progress and who praise the process.
Believe that competition, in and of itself, is not negative, but instead, see it as an opportunity to teach life lessons about navigating successes and failures.
Have a strong knowledge of basketball with a passion for teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
1. Learn and adhere to PSB policies and procedures.
2. Coach and develop players with a philosophy that aligns with PSB’s mission and values.
3. Communicate regularly with team families concerning logistics and all team activities.
4. Be consistently engaged with PSB stakeholders and address concerns quickly, with a positive attitude.
5. Travel to various local practice gyms and tournaments as assigned.
6. Work with PSB management to ensure that all events have appropriate PSB staff coverage in the event of an absence.